Friday 4 March 2011

Paris Fashion Sari Skirt style

Draping Concept that reminds of Indian Saree.
 I just been trying to drape my long length stole over my knee length skirt . I wore it once , twice and maybe couple of more times .I was actually trying to work out the  concept of draping style visible in Balenciaga ‘s skirt style shown in Paris Fashion Week in his autumn / winter 2011-12 collection. I tucked my stole at one end  around my waist and made few inch deep pleats and pinned them all together and it had similar optical illusion as seen in Balenciaga ‘s skirts .This draping style  is  of Indian  knee length sarees of  tribal women working in fields however.The saree style became more prominent when I found few pieces  of Balenciaga ‘s skirt in black had fall stitched on the bottom to ensure better drape.


The overall collection was quite ladylike. The long length skirts came in white background prints with wild  motifs in common  growth colour pallete of nature such as  red and  black  , oranges and yellows  ,brown and green. Skirts beautifully pleated in front looked quite neat and graceful . Some pieces had patch pockets in front while others showed art of machine stitches in matching thread .Some skirts worn with knitwear and some with smart jacket designed  with leather knits or leather macramé in knots.

Skinny trousers  in bright red ,blue and purple worn with oversized graphic coats not only had matching machine stitches but also a feature of zip at the back towards the hemline of trousers.Another attractive feature was visible in shoes was printed ankle straps.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment